Saturday, April 4, 2009

Test Drive: Neo CPS (Auto) 03Apr2009

It was on Friday morning in office when the Neo CPS came into my mind. After browsing for the paul-tan's site during short breaks, I finally decided to call up the Mutiara Damansara sales personnel to arrange my very first test drive. Sounds a bit 'jakun', right?

Saiful(the proton sales guy) told me that it was possible to do it during lunch time. I brought my colleague who is also the 'car kaki' to showroom after a speedy lunch.

Once I stepped into the showroom, Saiful was preparing the keys and the temporary plates. He then fixed it to the White Satria Neo CPS(auto - dead boring) at the front and back before warming up the engine. I didnt care much about the transmission as my main purpose is to test out the handling and braking. Paul Tan's website boasted about the further tuning of CPS in terms of handling compared to previous lower models.

Lotus DNA technology remained the same but this CPS is now well equipped with additional chassis strengthening and some other bars to enable the 'pleasure of driving' feeling.

My main aim is to feel the difference when doing some reckless cornering at slightly high speed.

Donald just sat behind when he drove us out. One the way out from the showroom, we switched and I became the driver. Checked all mirrors and adjusted seat and seatbelts, I accelerated the white hatch out of the building.

I can't expect much about driving auto (like handicapped person driving). Dead,...dead boring without the chance of playing with the 5-speed manual transmission. Saiful gave me all the directions for highways and abandoned housing area routes to try out different situations.

Cornering and U-turning at highway is superb, the car responded well to my steering and it did perform up to my expectations. Smooth cornering without any screeching sound as compared to my older Satria (Mistubishi Colt) with smaller wheels, hehe. I love the feeeeeling!

Just before the ending of the test drive, Saiful asked me to try out the sharp cornerings at the abandoned housing area near Mutiara Damansara. I rev-hard to build more momentum and speed before approaching those corners. Guess what...? Donald could feel that he was almost thrown out of the car but the whole car just maneuver silently with very minimal roll.

If you happen to read this, I would suggest you to try out if you are into car handling kind-of person. You will get the continental-setup driving experience and no longer the usual japanese machine thingy like my older Satria.

Right now, it is so tempting to book one. Only when my parents and wife agree to it. :P

No comments:

Upcoming activity(ies)

Desc:
Date:
Time:
Venue:
Coordinates :
Trail: