Friday, April 17, 2009

New Navigation Device - Garmin

The idea of getting a GPS device struck into my mind when I was playing with the bluetooth GPS module with a ruggedized PDA. Thanks to Microsoft, both Garmin Mobile XT and MapKing did not perform that well in PDA.

Due to the user-friendliness of Nuvi software, I fell in love with the Nuvi range for car navigation. I was in dilemma to get either Nuvi 205 or Nuvi 255W.

After some homework, I invested for 255W (RM999.00) over 205 due to...
- bigger screen
- additional qwerty keyboard
- eco-route function supported
- lane assist / junction view capable
- free promotional items (Garmin AC charger + Garmin soft case)
- text-to-speach capable

Online store link: http://www.pbbemall.com/mall/mch_product.jsp?pk.prod_id=5474&merchant_id=digital_living



In my opinion, the additional RM300.00 was worth it as the free gifts were already costing RM199.00

The MalSingMap that comes with it was quite updated but still, I prefer MFM(MalFreeMap) because most of the places are packed with POIs. After few minutes in the morning, the MFM map was up and I did tested it during lunch time. Everything goes well with the coordinates and text-to-speech function.

I have yet to test out the junction view,... maybe tonight... on the way back to hometown. :)

2 comments:

Zenghoong said...

wah, so rich ler u. can spend RM 1k just like that...

SinC® said...

Hong, well actually, this device saves my petrol and time and effort when travelling. Should get back my ROI within 2 years of travelling. You will know it if you have one.

Upcoming activity(ies)

Desc:
Date:
Time:
Venue:
Coordinates :
Trail: