Thursday, March 26, 2009

Hiking: Broga Hill (Bukit Lalang)

Quite sometime back, my friend showed me some of his hiking photos.



The location that caught my interest was the Broga Hill.


Located near Semenyih after Kajang, the hill is actually very near to The University of Nottingham Malaysia campus.

My colleague, Chow proposed to hike that hill last saturday and I agreed since my wife was not around for business trip @ Seoul.


We started driving around seven thirty and with the assistance of GPS, we managed to find the location without getting lost.
Please click on the title of this post for coordinates and other info.


We actually overshot and landed @ Pekan Broga. Thanks to the dude in internet for providing us the wrong coordinates.


Actual coordinates are X: 101.90073, Y: 2.94716.


We u-turned back and head back to the entrance of Bukit Lalang which is an oil palm plantation area.


The journey took around 25 minutes from the car park to the first peak.


The first section is few hundred metres of oil palm plantation and as you hike in further to slightly higher ground, it will take you into the usual tropical forest.


There you will encounter 2 areas with landslides. Becareful when walking near the edge!

As we walk further for another ten minutes, we saw the first peak.



I felt better as the front stretch no longer forest area but all covered with Lalang!


We covered all the three peaks and took many panoramic shots for later stitching. Sorry that these pics shown here have been resized.


One of my colleagues is now very interested to go there. Maybe I will plan another trip by early April. If you wish to come along,... please do not hesitate to give me a call.


Let's hike together and this time, we try to make it early if we want to see sun-rise @ Bukit Lalang.

1 comment:

Ren said...

Bro, when u have planned your next trip please inform I would like to go too. thanks

Upcoming activity(ies)

Desc:
Date:
Time:
Venue:
Coordinates :
Trail: