Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Laguna Redang 12th - 14th April 2009

After working like an old tired dog in a project, I took few days of annual leave to Redang. I brought along my wife and parents.


I have chosen Laguna Redang again due to the fact that my wife and parents really like the quality service versus the amount paid per person. I don't think other resort will provide such service quality as compared Laguna.


The fullboard package price is RM458.00 per pax at the time I booked. I can consider the package as reasonably cheap as the month of April falls under peak period for islands in east coast of Malaysia.


We started our journey @ 0345 hours and reached Kuala Terengganu around 1005hrs. We managed to find the Shah Bandar Jetty (located opposite the Post Office) through GPS.


We checked in via a booth at Laguna and waited at the departure hall while the Laguna boys loaded the bags to the ferry.

Approximately after an hour ride, I spotted dark clouds hovering on the east horizon. I managed to capture a cyclone building up nearby. It was quite near to our destination when the ferry had to stop and rescued two fishermen drifted apart at the sea. Weather was calm when they were rescued. Their boat sank nearby the rescue point. Thank god, we found them!


The ferry continued the journey and we arrived around ten past two. Upon arrival at the jetty, we were ushered to board the mini train powered by a tractor. We were also briefed by the PR officer about the 3D2N itinerary.


Welcome drinks were being served when we arrived at the resort. After registration, we went for the buffet lunch without checking in into the room. Meals are awesome with varieties of asian and western dishes. I could rate the resort as 5-star for their excellent service and comfortable accomodation.


Later in the afternoon, we rested for a while in the room before swimming in the crystal clear blue water. Beach is superb with super fine sands. I just hope all the resorts at Redang will preserve the environment by not polluting it.


The "Tequila band" entertained us throughout the night with nice music and songs. The Filipino band was so funny. Beers helped to relax me further... hehe.


The next day, we had to wake up early for breakfast before heading to the marine park for snorkeling. The most saddening at the Park was the snorkelers are more than the fish! I hate that!


We returned back to resort by noon and had lunch as usual. Food was good and no complain from any of us. My parents, my wife and I left the room for swimming at four pm when the sun was so bright. That added extra lighting effects to the beach;... so blue and phenomenal! I love it.

We spent the last night at the same al-fresco drinking place called "Tupai Bar". The same band entertained all the patrons by their singing and dancing. Very skillful.


We left the island the next morning after breakfast. Check-out was at 11.00am and ferry ride was at 1215noon. We arrived Kuala Terengganu safely near 2pm.
It was a nice and short holiday. To those of you who would like to bring your parents for an island trip, this could be the most appropriate resort! Try it!

No comments:

Upcoming activity(ies)

Desc:
Date:
Time:
Venue:
Coordinates :
Trail: