Monday, October 13, 2008

What a Weekend

Riding @ Frim on Saturday was okay with Kelvin (my cousin) and Chow. Chow brought along 2 T-bolt newbies; Roy & James. They went separate way as Chow has to guide them over Rover & the path to Horse-shoe. Nothing special on that day, Kelvin & I just proceeded to Sg. Buloh area for some climbs and tarmac path back. The trail heading to Sg. Buloh area was so muddy, yikes!

I landed on one spot with the depth of 2 inches without having the abilty to move at all - wrong gear engaged. Arrghhhh! It was a nightmare to see the super thick mud on my wheels, thanks to the lousy Kenda tires without good mud clearance. It took me so long for me to shed off the mud and as soon as I return back to FRIM from Sg. Buloh, same thing happened (tires covered with super thick mud) again. No escape. My advice is... do not ride to Sg. Buloh area if you wanna care for your expensive drive-train, mates.

Washed my bike @ Rover's restroom, and we both head home. I performed usual routine to wash my bike again together with helmet, gloves, old Deuter hydration pack and shoes(attacked by mud this time). I was so careless that I left all these on the swing for drying until evening. It rained so heavily and I wasn't at home! The stuffs got so wet that I couldn't ride @ Elmina the next day, sorry to Kelvin, It was my stupid mistake.

I went to 1U and scout for extra hydration back pack for rainy season like now. Sigh, gotta spend some cash again. I got stunned when I saw Hydro Lite 2.0, so slim and compact like Chow's CamelBak. Can't resist on Deuter's product as they perform so well. Even my phone pouch is also Deuter! My older hydration back pack is now >6yrs already. It has now no longer able to be water proof as the protective layer is now gone.


After thinking for a while, I waste no time and tested it. Solid for the price! Yey! Check it out @ [ http://www.deuter.com/en/products/print/32155_HydroLite20_953_05_ENG.htm ]


Another problem, this pack comes with Streamer. I already have one! Sigh, gotta post this in BBS again. Hope someone will buy it. Feel so lazy but happy to have xtra pack.

No comments:

Upcoming activity(ies)

Desc:
Date:
Time:
Venue:
Coordinates :
Trail: