Thursday, April 1, 2010

Holts Lubricant

I have been searching for quite sometime for rubber lube mainly because my bike is equipped with more rubber seals now especially on the suspension fork, disc brake calipers and also the pivot bearings on the frame.

I was doing some shopping with my colleagues during lunch time @ 1Utama when I saw Holts Rubber and Nylon lubricant.

Thinking that the weather is getting hotter and hotter nowadays and to prevent the rubber seals from cracking due to wear and tear, it is good if I grab a can from the DIY store.

I brought back home that night and I applied to the seals using the below method:-

- Spray the lube onto a cotton bud
- Lube the seals gently without letting too much oil absorbed into the inner part of fork

- Lube also the pivot bearings' seals gently
- Wipe away the excessive oil with clean and dry cloth
That's all for the lubing part and do click on the title above for the link to Holts' website. :)

2 comments:

CB said...

Wow, you really take care of your bike! Using cotton bud as the tool for lubricating? Now that is really a tedious work.

SinC® said...

Haha, it's a good activity to spend quality time during weekends. :P

Upcoming activity(ies)

Desc:
Date:
Time:
Venue:
Coordinates :
Trail: