Thursday, March 11, 2010

Telekom Malaysia's High Speed Broadband (HSBB)

Yesterday was a tiring day at work, and as usual, I am a bit quiet when I get home. Just before dinner time, my wife gave me surprised that she received an invitation card from Telekom Malaysia in the afternoon for free upgrade. That's a shocking news! She passed it to me and I read it immediately as I am exited to know any upgrade promotion for our current broadband line.


Well, it turned out to be a different story. I don't think she read it carefully, ...sigh :( . Telekom is actually inviting us to try out their new pre-launch High Speed Broadband service. Details about the start testing date was not given but we have to respond back the invitation by end of March 2010.

The testing will end somewhere around June and it should be at least 3 months for me to test out the new 20Mbps service. I shall confirm to them ASAP as I am pretty exited to be the first group to test it. Hope the result will not be a dissapointing one. :P

7 comments:

CB said...

Is this wired broadband or wireless broadband?

SinC® said...

It's wired. Called them and according to them, some drilling needs to be done. I suspect it is running on fibre-optics cabling system for bigger bandwidth.

CB said...

It would be Fiber optics or Satellite cable. Maybe they need to install satellite dish like astro :P

Unknown said...

congrats mate! kindly keep us posted! cheers

SinC® said...

Bad news, guys... wife disagree for Telekom to drill the wall for optical fibre cable installation because according to her, it would be temporary only(FOC 3 months). I did call TM about it and they said after 3 months the 20Mbps line will be on promo for testers (below RM400 with free nationwide calls, mail storage &etc. Soon, the 5Mbps line will be very affordable according to her...could be the price I am paying for 1Mbps. In addition to this, price for 20Mbps and 10Mbps may not differ that much.

CB said...

Agreed. It's not worth the price. But don't worry, everything will be faster in the future...

Best Vitamins said...

The highly anticipated high speed broad band is expected to run either based on wireless or fiber optic.

Regards,
Dr Dennis J
Best Vitamins

Upcoming activity(ies)

Desc:
Date:
Time:
Venue:
Coordinates :
Trail: