Monday, September 15, 2008

Forest Reserve Ride 14th Sept 2008

It was a calm Sunday morning, not many cars on the road when I was driving there using Jln Kuching straight to Kepong (FRIM). Carpark in front of the guardhouse was full even when I arrived there early. Strange!

I didn't wanna care much so I just parked my car at the temple area. Kelvin arrived later with my wife's bike. I gave my spare helmet to Kelvin but he couldn't fit it in! Helmet is too small for him.
We then setup both bikes and went into FRIM. Today is Kelvin's second day at FRIM. To my surprise, this guys is tough! He manage to go through Rover and the horse-shoe trail just like nothing bothering him!
Kelvin posing with my bike...
So far he only pushed his bike once during the last section of horse-shoe trail - awesome! At the peak, We met Anthony and his friend, both of them riding RM5-digit bikes - they're loaded!
We preceded down and met the father & son team,.... Mr. Arul & Mohan. They invited me and Kelvin to join for the Sg. Buloh trail which is according to them is approximately 2-3km.
We were exited to explore more, and we join them. Me and Baby Blue...
Both Mr. Arul and Mohan have been showing us the directions and landmarks along our journey. Mr. Arul, Mohan(his son) & Kelvin...
Hilltop after cemetery climb...
At the end of the Sg. Buloh Trail, there was a junction and we preceded straight to the Chinese cemetery area. Mr. Arul, myself and Kelvin...
The cemetery looks organized, clean and well kept with nice & quiet surrounding area, good Feng-Shui!
Soon, we reached the top area of the cemetery for some landmarks explanation plus some nice photo session with the father & son team. The gravel downhill section...
They also brought us downhill after that to the old Leprosy Hospital and also some busy nurseries selling various types of plants for landscaping purposes.
Mr. Arul, Mohan and Myself...
Our journey ended through a tarmac ride back to the small junction. Then, from there, we rode back to the bottom of horse-shoe trail. Look at the nice scenery around Sg. Buloh...
Mr. Arul was also very kind to show us the route to Taman Ehsan area whereby we could use it to head straight to our car park.
The whole journey could took us around 25-30km... as rough estimation due to no cyclo-computer on our bikes. Hehe.
We had lunch near our car park and my bike looked strong, but me,... totally exhausted.

No comments:

Upcoming activity(ies)

Desc:
Date:
Time:
Venue:
Coordinates :
Trail: