Sunday, July 20, 2008

FRIM Ride 19th JUL 2008

Hmmmm it's Friday, and guess what? Tomorrow is FRIM day! SMS after each SMSes of confirmation, we finally we have the timing set for the meet up.

The next morning, during breakfast with Chow, Karen and Donald at my favourite E-mee stall at section 17, Kelvin and CK told me they were already there. Due to a bit delay after breakfast , we sped off to FRIM. Upon arrival, gosh... those cars were queueing up like train at FRIM entrance. "I should have been here earlier!" I swerved to the left to avoid the queue and found a better parking area - nasty, hehe.

We parked our cars and deploy our bikes near the temple area. Just before the new car park area, Kelvin spotted us. He joined us and we continued for our usual Rover Track climb. CK and GF not visible. They must have gone somewhere else hey!

Few hundred metres after the climb, Kelvin's chain got slipped at the front mech. We the continued further leaving Chow, Karen and Donald. I did adviced Donald to go very slow and push the bike if i cannot make it since this is his first time,...I was like that too! He was cool.

Once we've completed Rover Track, I got a call from CK saying that he's now at near Horseshoe Trail a.k.a Steriod. Sounds so funny, sterrrroid...hehe. Kelvin and I left Rover's junction and we turn right heading towards CK. It took us another couple of minutes to get there with some short climbs and downhills.

At last, we met CK, GF and this time, he has another friend with new Merida Sub40 bike with a very huge frame sized XL...20inch! Massive! We introduce each other and within minutes, we decided to take a loop at Steroid Trail. The climb at Steriod was tough with Mel leading us by few hundred metres. When I was at the peak, it is so nice to see the entire scenery. Nice climb!

CK Happily Climbed with his Merida TFS Bike!


Mel and her friend resting under a shady tree at the peak while CK, Kelvin and Me decided to climb higher to explore possible trail up the hill. We climbed halfway and feeling half dead, we u-turned back. Just after the u-turn, we took some nice solo shots from our camera phones with the nice surrounding trees as if we were in the Salem ads!

Me like an old tired dog after the U-Turn... Exhausted!


I received a call from Chow, and we have to regroup. So once we met Chow and team as usual we introduce ourselves again.

Chow & Karen


The group gets bigger this time. Chow asked about steroid and I insisted to bring him there.

Mighty Couple: CK & MEL


The whole team departs from Rover and continued to the junction of Steroid.

CK's friend with the XL sized bike!


Again we took couple of shots with Donald's cam. Hehe.

Kelvin on the left with Donald & Me on the right... Happy People!

Next, we head to the restaurant nearby using some trails suggested by CK... very nice short trails! All stopped for some refreshments while CK brought Kelvin and me to Dream Trail. As we climbed the hill, there was a sound "thuggg". Damn! Kelvin's SRAM RD's tensioner spring broke, left his chain hanging at the bottom. CK suggested him to us the biggest chainring and smallest cassette setup. So again we u-turn back using the chicken loop...hehe. Kelvin went home after that.
Kelvin with his M5

Once done, CK and I regroup at the restaurant. They had their drinks and roti canai. I was exited as it is the end of the ride and I could get the XCR-RL fork from CK. Traded with him and we left home. I got a nice fork for my Fuji baby and nice riding experience in a bigger group at FRIM. Thanks to all!

2 comments:

Alan said...

Looks like an interesting ride. Maybe one day I shall try FRIM. I just duwan to encounter with any leeches only. Hahahaha !!

Mr. Happy said...

After months of inactive state, it feels good to be back on track again. I almost give up at 'steriod' stage and have been pushing myself really hard. i guess that was another reason my RD broke loose :D Sigh, due to this can't get to feel the so called 'Dream Trail'. Felt really bad CK and SinC have to succumb to chicken loop instead.

Upcoming activity(ies)

Desc:
Date:
Time:
Venue:
Coordinates :
Trail: