Saturday, July 26, 2008

Another FRIM ride but this time with more new friends!

It was a nice morning. I would say everybody should be exited to go biking with friends. I woke up early, pack my bike and stuffs to the car and proceeded to the nearest mamak stall. Had 2 pcs of roti canai and a glass of teh tarik, I rushed to office to meet my colleagues Donald and Peter.

We then drived to LDP Kepong toll where I met Noob, Gerard Eddy and Julia(hope no mistake here). Noob's car was not visible along the highway,.. I tried to slow down but still there was no sign of his car. Since it's nearby, I decided to drive straight to FRIM and then only call him.

Later, I found out that he couldn't start the car. After few attemps, I think he was able to start the car. Peter, Donald, Eddy, Julia and myself were deploying our bikes from car.

Adrian appeared with his nice KHS bike,.. friendly guy,.. he introduced himself to all of us. At last, Noob arrived within minutes. CK, Mel and Janson were still on their way when we went in.

Eddy, Julia, Noob, Gerard and myself started off using Rover track. Donald, Peter, Soledad, Turuna and Adrian went off for tarmac ride.
This is Adrian, the friendly biker

Halfway through Rover, CK, Mel and Janson joined us, followed by Adrian. All re-regrouped at waterfall area.We proceeded straight to Steroid junction after some quick chit chat. Noob and Gerard were exhausted due to yesterday's night ride at Putrajaya. Both of them looked tired with only few hours of sleep.

Steroid was tough as usual. The climb is killing, man!
Adrian and Janson went up all the way to heli-pad while CK, Mel and Me took some pictures,... free pics, no film needed according to CK, hey!


I received a call from Donald and I gotta see him with Turuna. Peter and Soledad not visible.... gone home. I went down along with Adrian and Jensen to the bottom of steroid.

CK at almost the peak of Steroid climb...

There were so many bikers at the bottom part of the hill... Mountain biking has been more popular lately! I rushed alone to meet Donald, had some chats with Turuna also. Both Donald and Turuna went home after that.

I then regroup with Team CK and we joined Noob's team at road side stalls. This time, comes the fun part, they were discussing about going to Dream Trail. Hmmm, sounds nice. Scarry as well for me.
Janson posing with Mel supporting 2 bikes!


What the heck, I don't wanna be left alone; if those guys go, I should follow. And we went,... nice trail! Lots of ups and downs, single-track trail, covered with rocks and roots and not to forget - fallen trees. Oh my,.. I had hard time to climb! Once going more towards downhill, there were few switchbacks where I manage to take it by slowing down.
Nice group... but Janson not there, he's taking this pic.


Janson lost control on one of the switchbacks and he ejected out from his nice Giant Trance bike! Luckily he was unhurt; what a relief. That switchback was dangerous! We went more downhill towards the end,... NICE!
Janson with his nice Giant Trance 2 bike... happy chap!


Group photo taken by CK... after Dream Trail...


We took group photo at the end of Dream Trail and at the end of the ride, we discuss the next journey. We left FRIM happily with many new friends!

1 comment:

jumpinjulia said...

heyheyhey


cool blog...

Upcoming activity(ies)

Desc:
Date:
Time:
Venue:
Coordinates :
Trail: