Friday, October 9, 2009

Nite Jamboree Preparation 02: Fuji Tahoe SL 2007's Cockpit Redefined!

After joining LowYat.net's MTB group for riding, I begin to realize that Kiara is like a Shaolin temple. Definately it is not an easy place to ride.

The climbs are non-stop, the down hill sections are killing and the single tracks with lots of roots, narrow path between trees, and the sudden drops are madness! This is what I can conclude in mixture of several trails for a half day ride.

The video below depicts how technical Kiara is...



In order for me to have better control at these challenging trails, I refined my bike further on the cockpit section as this is one of the most important area for bike handling.


The Stem...
Model: KCNC Bear Arm
Clamp size: 31.8mm clamp size,
Extension: 70mm stretch,
Rise: 5°
Material: 6061 - T6 Aluminium
Price: RM85

The Handlebar...
Model: Bontrager Crow Bar
Type: Low Riser - 25mm rise
Length: 600mm
Material: 6061 - T6 Custom Butted Aluminium
Price: RM45

After spending few hours removing the current components and replacing them with new ones, plus balancing of the bar, I could sense instant difference. I have yet to try it and hopefully the new XC+Trail riding style setup works.

No comments:

Upcoming activity(ies)

Desc:
Date:
Time:
Venue:
Coordinates :
Trail: