Sunday, June 7, 2009

Kota Damansara Community Forest Park (KDCF)

I have stopped riding for months due to badminton and bowling tournaments. Since both events ended recently, I took one weekend to rest before biking again.

My cousin Kelvin asked me on Friday if I would like to join him and AL for explore-riding @ KDCF a.k.a Kota Damansara Community Forest Park. I agreed to ride on Sunday(today).

Today's weather is a bit hazy when I was driving towards KDCF's location (coordinate was given by Kelvin the night before). The park is actually situated infront of a condo and a school. There is a roundabout at the end of the road towards the park.

The entire area was okay and quite peaceful. Kelvin and AL arrived some minutes later. After setting up the bikes, we went into the trail. I was briefed by Kelvin that the trail is a bit short approximately 2.3km to complete the loop.

Since I have not ridden my blue baby for months, 2.3km should be just nice to refresh my skills in mountain biking. Throughout the journey exploring the trail, I could not get used to some technical stretch. 

The first stretch was not fun as I got stuck on the way up on sandy ramp. Then, there were more climb as you travel further into the trail. I was like a pin-ball hitting the vertical roots of some trees. It was a tiring and panting all the way when I climbed zig-zag up the hill at the middle stretch.

The fun part begins at the last stretch of technical downhill (better than Kiara). I had so much fun to catch up with other riders(from different group) even though I nearly fell at one of the switchbacks!

In my opinion, KDCF is a good training ground for XC riders like me before jumping into one of Kiara's trails. I would recommend this place for riders without long hours to ride their bikes. One or two loops will burn quite a lot of calories...

GPS Coordinate: N 03.16925° E101.58053°



No comments:

Upcoming activity(ies)

Desc:
Date:
Time:
Venue:
Coordinates :
Trail: